Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Special Delivery

You would think after 3 kids I would know what I was doing! However, this time around there were new experiences to be had. For one, my water broke at home - around 1 am. It was just a trickle so I was relieved when the triage nurse confirmed that it WAS my water. Since I wasn't having contractions they induced me. They started me on pitocin around 3 am. Around 5 am there was still no progress so they upped my pitocin to "convince" my body it was (or should be?) in labor. That was painful. Since I was working off only 1 and 1/2 hours of sleep, I asked for an epidural. I think it works for me. It allows my body to relax and do its thing. By 6 am I was at an 8 and feeling pressure. Not long after that the doctor was on his way and I was breathing through contractions doing my best NOT to push. That part always worries me. Will the doctor make it or will Brett be it?

Fortunately the doctor made it and so did Erin! When I was given the go ahead,
it was a couple of pushes, and she was here. At 6:50 am on her due date! She doesn't like to be bugged.
Our sweet meeting.
The proud papa!
Content and Cozy.Again we don't like to be bugged.Look how relaxed she looks for her first official clean up.
Was it worth being bugged for?Content and Cozy once again!She looks like an Anderson Baby.

No comments: