For several years my friend Rik has tried to get me to sign up and run a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning with him. Several times I had told him that I would, but then backed out when I didn't feel like my ego could handle the pounding it would get from my slow time. Well, after running the Ragnar I decided that I could run a 5k, so Michelle and I signed up to run it with him this year. It is a "cross-country" run, two loops around the park in the center of town, with hay bales and water puddles to jump over. On Michelle's first loop she got held up at the puddle because too many of the women didn't want to risk getting their feet wet and they stopped to negotiate how they would jump over the puddle.
For her second loop, the crowd had thinned out and she wasn't as bunched up with other runners as the first time. She was ble to continue running and she didn't even slow down as she put her foot in the puddle and got her shoes wet.
The lady in yellow is in our ward and we didn't realize she was there until we got home and got the pictures loaded onto the computer.
Here is the starting crowd for the men's run. We started about an hour after the women's run. there were a lot fewer men than women and you can see how crowded the men's start was.
4 comments:
AWESOME! Wish I was there. It's no fun to do a Turkey Trot alone- not that I did.... I'm just saying. ;)
Yay Michelle & Brett! One of the best feelings is beating your goal time!
Wow, I'm surprised so many were there. Doesn't anyone need to stay home and cook on Thanksgiving in Tucson?
Guess not!
Love, Mom
That's the second time that dirty hippie has showed up on your blog in the last few weeks. I am a little concerned about the type of people you two are hanging around, and exposing your children to lately.
Post a Comment