Saturday, July 31, 2010

Capitol Reef National Park

When we left Fish Lake to start heading towards home we decided to take the scenic route. We went to Capitol Reef National Park. We saw some really interesting rock formations.

Chimney Rock





We took a short hike down the narrows to see the petroglyphs, pioneer register and the natural water tanks. Everytime I turned around, Tyler was holding hands with his cousin's friend. I am not sure if I need to start worrying or not.





These are the tanks from below. It is just a series of cascades that have eroded pools into the sandstone. I didn't get any pictures from above. We hiked up as far as Rebecca and Tyler could handle. Each of the pools had tadpoles in them. Some were really small, and others were really big.


1 comment:

Cynthia Hatch said...

Wow! What an amazing canyon area. Was it a nice hike or really hot? What was the weather like during all of these different hikes that you guys have been on? It sure looks beautiful but just wondered if it they were nice hikes to go on or hot and horrible?