Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yetman Trail

We had such a fun time on the hike at Catalina State Park that we took the kids out again about two weeks later. The Yetman trailhead is less than a 10-minute drive from our house. It is an easy hike with a real gradual elevation change.


I wish that I had video of Meagan hiking. It is more like a model on the catwalk than hiking. She is always swinging her hips and throwing her arms around. She is definitely a girly-girl.


We had a lot of rain this spring and so there were wild flowers everywhere. We were at the tail end of the season when we went.








We forgot a bottle for Erin. Yes, I know what good parents we are. So she drank out of the lid of a Nalgene bottle.

Our destination was this old ranch house from the 1930s. A guy who ran the newspaper in town lived out here with his wife. They thought it would help her health by being out of the city and in the desert. They eventually moved back to New York City.

The kids all wanted to climb the walls.





3 comments:

Lhone said...

i've read all of your write ups now, and you guys seem really into hiking lately. wow. I'm impressed. it sounded like it was a few weeks of fun. now what?

Cynthia Hatch said...

I noticed that ALL of the kids wanted to climb the wall (including Brett). What a cool structure in the middle of no where.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Bummer, you forgot your climbing gear.