Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School

It was the first day of school today. It is hard to believe that the summer is over. It went by really fast. The kids were excited to go back to school. Rebecca couldn't go to sleep the night before, she was so excited. It is going to be a hard year for Meagan. She wants to go to school, but isn't quite old enough. However, all of her friends at church started kindergarten this year so she won't have anyone to play with during the day. We are going to need to find her some new friends to play with.

Notice the bags full of supplies that Tyler's class asked each student to bring. Paper towels, Kleenex, copy paper, crayons, folders, markers, etc. Rebecca's class had a similar list. I don't think that there is any money in the budget for supplies so they are asking the parents to provide.

5 comments:

Lhone said...

michelle looks thrilled in the picture. i feel bad for michelle because if she doesn't have friends to play with, she'll come to michelle to be entertained. bummer.

Dean and Cindy Hatch said...

Oops, I read Lisa's comment wrong... I thought it said "I feel bad for Michelle because she doesn't have friends to play with". I was feeling so bad for her. Glad the kids enjoyed their teachers, classmates, and school in general. That will help a lot.

Cynthia Hatch said...

Amazing that school is starting already. My kids have to wait until September 1st. The first day of school is always exciting. I am sure it will be a great year.

Andrea said...

My kids had huge bags of stuff for their classes too. If I ever get around to posting it, you'll see. Yea! For school!

Michelle said...

I look miserable because I was. It was 100 degress plus way humid. Talk about ugly. With all the kids and parents huddled in the patio of the school it was gross. I needed to shower again by the time we got home. YUK!