Because the "wise man built is house upon the rock" - literally . . .

we have to rent a jack hammer to dig holes.

Tyler knew we were going to be doing this project. We had been planning it for awhile. He wanted to help so bad, he had picked out a shovel just right for his size at Home Depot, and was saving his money to buy it! When Brett rented the jack hammer, he picked up the shovel, and brought it home for Tyler as a surprise. Tyler really worked hard with his new shovel.

I love this picture for many reasons. It speaks volumns. What you may not notice right away is that Brett is wearing tan shorts, a white shirt, no show socks, and blue Nikies. Tyler is wearing tan shorts, a white shirt, no show socks, and blue tennis shoes. I love it.
No pressure Brett - you have a shadow!

Brett would break up the dirt with the jack hammer and me and the kids would come along and dig out the broken rocks. Then Brett would come back for another layer and we would dig out more rocks. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of Rebecca and Meagan digging. They worked hard as well. We had that process going for 4 1/2 hours for 15 holes.

Let the planting begin!
4 comments:
Next time try building on sand. A lot can be said for easy. Good job teaching your kids the value of work.
Do plants grow on rock? Holy cow that seemed like hard work. Grandpa Hatch would be proud!
I was wondering if the plants will live or not. Wow!
We will be planting cactus because that is the only thing that will survive in our "native soil" (aka rock pile).
Post a Comment