Thursday, October 23, 2008

It just makes me mad...

In the state of AZ this year we have the opportunity to vote to amend the state constitution to read: "Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state." 20 simple words. That is all that it is. 20 simple words. However, it doesn't seem that it is so simple. I have no idea how it is doing in the polls. It just seems to me that we are living in the times like unto Sodom and Gomorrah. Michelle heard someone say that it will probably pass in AZ, but fail in Pima County (where we live). It just makes me sick to think that people can't see how black and white of an issue this really is. It is so important for the future of our families that this passes. I totally believe in the principle of loving the sinner and hating the sin. I don't want to imply that I have hatred or ill feeling towards anyone. I have spent many nights over the past few weeks stewing on this issue. (like I am tonight) Reading things on the internet and watching the short video segments in support of AZ's Prop 102 and CA's Prop 8. It makes me mad that I can't do more to help the cause. We brought home 5 signs in support of Prop 102 about two weeks ago. I gave one to my co-worker who wanted to put it in front of his house on a fairly well-traveled street. We put three of them out on Friday and left one as a spare in case any of the three disappeared. Every time that we would drive past them, Tyler would say "There's our sign!" Well, when I went to work on Wed, they were still all there. When I came home form work on Wed, they were all three gone. Two of the sticks still remained, but the signs were gone. The signs were printed on one side, but made so that they could be folded in half and the same message would be on both sides. It came stapled so that there was a pocket in the bottom of the sign to insert the stick. So, I drove the sticks into the ground (no easy task given the hard dirt here) and put the signs on the sticks. Then I took my staple gun and put a bunch of staples on both sides to secure the sign to the stick. Well, whoever it was that felt that they needed to quiet my opinion went to the effort to remove the sign and staples from the stick and leave the stick still standing. I want to go and put the one sign that I have left back onto one of those two sticks to make a point. I wish that I had more time to do more. The part that makes me mad is that society as a whole is just getting so evil. It is totally like the analogy of the frog in the boiling water. They say that the frog will jump right out if it is placed into boiling water (I don't know this for sure, I've never done it, but that is what they say) but it will slowly cook to death if placed in cold water that is slowly heated to boiling. Satan has slowly but surely used his tools to soften the edges of people's conscience to the point where they think that this is a good idea. Again, it just makes me mad.


Well, here are a few links to things that I have looked at over the past few nights:
















http://cbs5.com/local/gay.marriage.sign.2.844943.html This is a family that live in my brother's ward in San Jose, across the street from the elementary school that I went to.




There are many more, but I'm out of time. I need to go to bed and stop stewing.



2 comments:

Lhone said...

Makes me mad too. I hope you don't have to deal with the ramifications if this doesn't pass. I just shudder to think about what those might be.

Andrea said...

No, keep stewing, OUT LOUD! I love to hear it! Very well put by the way.