Thursday, November 27, 2008

Consequences

I believe that there are consequences to all the decisions that we make in life. Sometimes the consequences are positive and sometimes they are negative. I chose not to plant a garden this summer or fall. As a consequence, I did not reap the benefits of having fresh produce. I also had the consequence of the kids always wanting to dig in the planter box. I chose to let the kids play in the planter box with the condition that they not get any of the dirt outside of the planter box. This is what they chose to do:


What should their consequence be?

2 comments:

Christine said...

Looks to me like the kids need a sandbox located someplace where the spillage won't get on the patio and they need to sweep-up the dirt they let escape. That's actually kind of a reward to both the kids and you. You get your garden plot back and they get a sandbox.

Lhone said...

We've found that to a kid, "keep it in the planter box" means "fling it far and wide". Glad to know it's not just our kids.