Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Bumper Crop

Well, this is a little out-dated, but we had a bumper crop of weeds this year. We got a lot of monsoon rain in July and August and the weeds just soaked it up. Here is a shot showing the difference between what I had weeded and what I hadn't. Michelle and the kids were really helpful this year cleaning things up. Just think, in a year or two I can just give this job to Rebecca and Tyler. Wishful thinking....

6 comments:

Heather - said...

we, too are looking forward to the day when we can use child labor.

Amy said...

I don't know who started the rumor that kids can be a big help - but speaking from experience, it's easier to just do it yourself most of the time! :)

Lhone said...

amen to the "do it yourself" comment. I fight this issue all the time. You want the kids to learn to do it, but then I think it'll be easier for me just to do it, but then I am just constantly cleaning up after people, but then I spend the next day just telling people to clean, then I spend the next day cleaning up after people....then I realize that we are just messy people! Freak! My dad was right, its easier to be a clean person. Wait, this comment doesn't have anything to do with weeds. I must be tired. I love your blog, though!

Andrea said...

Looks like Herb is alive and well in Tucson! Bummer! Yep, I think Lisa was tired...

Andrea said...

I tagged Brett on my blog, it's there if you want to come play! (Michelle can do it too!)

sheila said...

HA ha ha I found your blog off of Amy's blog where you made a comment. Love it I enjoyed reading all your latest adventures. I will be posting some pictures from Lucas' birthday soon. So you guys can check it out.