Sunday, March 8, 2009

Valentine's Day

Being that Michelle and I hate crowds, we have created a tradition of staying home on Valentine's Day and making dinner for ourselves. It started when we were dating. I made shrimp fettucine alfredo and the tradition has just kind of stuck. Every V-day that is what I make. Lots of garlic, lots of cream sauce, lots of shrimp... It is good. We often end with a slice of cheesecake, but not always. I know, think of the clogged arteries. This year, I had help with cleaning the shrimp. Tyler loves to cook and loves to be Dad's helper. So combine the two and here you have it. I can't guarantee that all the shrimp got deveined, and I did get a small bite of shell, but Tyler and I had a good time making dinner for Michelle together. (Although it doesn't look like it on my expression.)

3 comments:

Heather - said...

Yeah, it doesn't look like you enjoy that tradition at all, I'm just saying.
What a fun tradition though, and it made me hungry, even though I just ate dinner.
We don't like the crowds on V-day, either, and we tend to do just nothing.

Andrea said...

At least Tyler looks interested. Way to train him young!

Lhone said...

Look at Tyler's concentration! I need to convince Blaine to cook for ME on V-day! great idea!