Monday, September 28, 2009

Warts

I know, warts aren't something that people usually brag about. I am bragging that I now finally do not have any warts. After having a wart (that turned into multiple) longer than I have known Michelle, she finally got tired of me complaining about them. One day I came home from work and she told me I had an appointment with the dermatologist to get them frozen off. Well after seeing him every 3 or 4 weeks for 6 months they are finally gone. He would shoot them with liquid nitrogen at each visit (which meant that I would limp for about a week afterwards). Then every night I would soak my foot in warm water, pick off any layers that I could, sand them with an emory board, apply an acid with a Q-tip, put on an acid disk and then cover it with duct tape. I would leave that on overnight and then take it off in the morning. After doing that for far too long, the Dr. finally said that they were gone. Here are a few pictures of the process.



This is from April:

This is from May:



This is from June (the purple stuff is an acid that the doctor puts on):


And this is how they look tonight:



You can still kind of see where they were, but the Dr. says that they are gone. The skin just needs to continue healing.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

The purple stuff kind of made me sick! It almost looked diseased! Glad they are gone. And I think you have every right to brag about it. After all that you've gone through, that's quite an accomplishment. Now what are you going to do with your "spare" time at night?

Lhone said...

wow...that was nasty. Glad its gone. Is michelle going to let you back in the bed now that the warts are gone?

Rik said...

I have been checking this blog everyday. Imagine my surprise today. The thing I am most impressed about is that you can take a picture of the bottom of your own foot. Pretty flexible.