Not too bad of a lifespan for electronics if you ask me. Our biggest complaint with it is that it has a proprietary battery.
After every charge it would give us the low battery indicator within about 5 pictures. We could continue to use it all day (like we did at Legoland), but we never knew just when we would be taking our last picture. So, I began looking at the point and shoot cameras on the market. Let's face it, neither one of us has the time to learn how to be a real photographer. As I did my research, I just couldn't justify the expense of a new camera. So, we never replaced it. Well, while we were out Trick or Treating on Halloween night, the camera got dropped. It still continued to work the rest of the night, so we didn't really notice the real damage. A few days later, Michelle tried to take some pictures of the kids in the back yard. Whe she tried to zoom in on them, she couldn't get the zoom to go. I took a look at it when I got home from work that night, and found that the drop caused a lot more damage than we thought. It still takes pictures, but none of the buttons work.
So, here is the replacement camera. I got it about a week and a half ago. I am still trying to figure out all of its features, but I like it so far. It has a much bigger zoom, image stabalization, 9 Megapixels, and it runs on AA batteries, so we can replace them anytime we need to. We bought rechargable ones to use, but just in case we forget to charge them, you can find AAs anywhere. So, all the pictures from now on will be with the new camera. I just hope that we like it.
4 comments:
I guess we have to go get a new one now huh? We have the even older version of your first one.
wow. what is the zoom on that? Does it say 10X? I'm jealous. I want one with a bigger zoom. Nice!
Super cool. Don't you just love cameras? I'll have every one of you converted to DSLR's eventually though, so watch out!
I'm jealous. If Dean didn't have surgery the day after Thanksgiving, I would have been in line at Walmart for a 10 mg, 3x one. However, Dean did (have surgery) and I didn't (stand in line). Bummer!
Post a Comment